Simply plug the USB cable from your printer into an available USB port on your PC, and turn the printer on. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find nearby printers, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
How do I get my computer to recognize my printer?
Add a local printer
- Connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable and turn it on.
- Open the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Click Devices.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- If Windows detects your printer, click on the name of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
How do I manually add a printer?
On your client computer, open the Devices and Printers by pressing the windows key and go to Control Panel then Devices and Printers. Right-click the printer you want to manually enable and click Printer Properties.
How do you connect a computer to a wireless printer?
How to connect your printer
- Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in “printer.” Source: Windows Central.
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Turn on the printer.
- Refer to the manual to connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
- Hit Add a printer or scanner.
- Select the printer from the results.
- Click Add device.
How do you add a printer that isn’t showing up?
Installing a network printer manually
- Open Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Click on Printers & scanners.
- Click the Add a printer or scanner button.
- Wait a few moments.
- Click The printer that I want isn’t listed option.
- Select the Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname option.
- Click the Next button.
Why is my wireless printer not connecting to my computer?
Make sure the printer is on or that it has power. Connect your printer to your computer or other device. Check the printer’s toner and paper, plus the printer queue. In this case, reconnect your device to the network, reconfigure security settings to include printers, and/or install updated drivers.
Why cant my computer find my HP printer?
My computer can’t find my printer, what do I do? In the event that your Windows computer does not recognize your printer, return to your “Devices” tab under your Windows settings. Click “Add Printers & Scanners” and let your computer search again.