The 10 Commandements of Computer Care
- Install Antivirus Software.
- Perform Regular Software Updates.
- Run Computer Maintenance.
- Backup Files.
- Keep Your Keyboard Crumb Free.
- Clean the Screen.
- Remove Dust from Vents and Fans.
- Use a Surge Protector.
- 1 How do I keep my computer in good condition?
- 2 What is the basic computer maintenance?
- 3 How do I keep my computer clean?
- 4 How do I keep my computer clean and fast?
- 5 What are the 4 types of computer maintenance?
- 6 What are the 3 basic computer maintenance?
- 7 What are the 4 types of maintenance?
- 8 How can I take care of my computer at home?
- 9 Can I use a duster to clean my computer?
- 10 What should I clean my computer screen with?
- 11 What is routine maintenance for computers?
- 12 Why is my PC so slow?
- 13 How do I clean my computer without compressed air?
How do I keep my computer in good condition?
10 Essential Computer Maintenance Tips
- Protect with padding.
- Organize cords.
- Update your operating system.
- Unplug to avoid overcharging.
- Purge your system of junk files and programs.
- Run regular antivirus scans.
- Clean the keyboard and case.
- Update your passwords.
What is the basic computer maintenance?
Computer maintenance means keeping your computers and laptops in good condition through regular cleanings, hard drive updates, and virus prevention. Doing so can lengthen the lifespan of your devices and it can also help you browse the web more safely.
How do I keep my computer clean?
How to clean your computer, Step 1: Hardware
- Wipe down your computer.
- Clean Your keyboard.
- Blow dust buildup out of computer vents, fans and accessories.
- Run check disk tool.
- Check surge protector.
- Keep PC ventilated.
- Back up your hard drives.
- Get antivirus software to protect from malware.
How do I keep my computer clean and fast?
20 Dec 10 Tips to Make Your Computer Run Faster
- Prevent programs from automatically running when you start up your computer.
- Delete/uninstall programs you don’t use.
- Clean up hard disk space.
- Save old pictures or videos to the cloud or external drive.
- Run a disk cleanup or repair.
What are the 4 types of computer maintenance?
There are four types of software maintenance:
- Corrective Software Maintenance.
- Adaptive Software Maintenance.
- Perfective Software Maintenance.
- Preventive Software Maintenance.
What are the 3 basic computer maintenance?
Here are some recommended basic computer maintenance topics:
- Installing Current Operating System Updates.
- Clearing the Cache in your Internet Browser(s)
- Maintaining Current Anti-Virus Software.
- Maintaining Current Malware Protection Software.
- (Windows) Running Disk Cleanup.
- MAC Maintenance Tips.
What are the 4 types of maintenance?
Four general types of maintenance philosophies can be identified, namely corrective, preventive, risk-based and condition-based maintenance.
How can I take care of my computer at home?
- Keep liquids away from your laptop.
- Having antivirus software available is the best defence against a virus.
- Keep food away from your laptop.
- Do not use your computer in a room where animals are.
- Ideally keep the computer in a clean and dust free room.
- Always have clean hands when using your laptop.
Can I use a duster to clean my computer?
The best way to clean a computer Use canned air to dust your computer. A vacuum can create static electricity that can damage computer components. A vacuum can also create enough suction to make your fans spin hard enough to damage them. Don’t use a feather duster or rag, either.
What should I clean my computer screen with?
Turn off your device and unplug it. Start by removing any dust from the screen with a dry microfiber cloth. For fingerprints and smudges, spray 70% isopropyl alcohol onto a cloth, or use a pre-moistened alcohol wipe or a Clorox Disinfecting Wipe, to clean non-porous surfaces like the screen; do not use bleach.
What is routine maintenance for computers?
Routine maintenance for a computer involves taking regular steps that make your computer faster, more secure and less cluttered. If your computer seems slow, displays an error message about low disk space or takes a long time to boot up, doing routine maintenance can fix the issue and help your computer last longer.
Why is my PC so slow?
A slow computer is often caused by too many programs running simultaneously, taking up processing power and reducing the PC’s performance. Click the CPU, Memory, and Disk headers to sort the programs that are running on your computer by how much of your computer’s resources they are taking.
How do I clean my computer without compressed air?
Luckily, there are many alternatives to compressed air that can remove dust just as effectively. We will consider a few different options, but our favorite method is the cheapest and easiest: using a small brush (toothbrush or paintbrush), cotton swabs, and rubbing alcohol.