Hold the Shift key while clicking Restart from Shut down or sign out menu. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart. After the PC restarts, a list of options will be shown. Select 4 or F4 or Fn+F4 (following the on-screen instructions) to start the PC in Safe Mode.
- 1 How do I start PC in Safe Mode?
- 2 How do I force Windows to start in Safe Mode?
- 3 Is F8 safe mode for Windows 10?
- 4 How do I start my computer in Safe Mode when F8 doesn’t work?
- 5 Can’t boot Win 10 Safe Mode?
- 6 What happens when F8 doesn’t work?
- 7 How do I get F8 to work on Windows 10?
- 8 Can you boot in Safe Mode without mouse or keyboard?
- 9 How do I boot into Windows recovery?
- 10 What is the F12 boot menu?
- 11 How do you get the F8 key to work?
- 12 Can’t even boot into Safe Mode?
How do I start PC in Safe Mode?
While it’s booting up, hold down the F8 key before the Windows logo appears. A menu will appear. You can then release the F8 key. Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode (or Safe Mode with Networking if you need to use the Internet to solve your problem), then press Enter.
How do I force Windows to start in Safe Mode?
Press Windows key + R (force Windows to start into safe mode every time you reboot the PC)
- Press the Windows Key + R.
- Type msconfig in the dialog box.
- Select the Boot tab.
- Select the Safe Boot option and click Apply.
- Choose Restart to apply the changes when the System Configuration window pops up.
Is F8 safe mode for Windows 10?
Unlike the earlier version of Windows(7,XP), Windows 10 does not allow you to enter into safe mode by pressing the F8 key. There are other different ways to access the safe mode and other startup options in Windows 10.
How do I start my computer in Safe Mode when F8 doesn’t work?
Hit Win+R, type “ msconfig ” into the Run box, and then hit Enter to open the System Configuration tool again. Switch to the “Boot” tab, and disable the “Safe Boot” checkbox. Click “OK” and then restart your PC when you’re done.
Can’t boot Win 10 Safe Mode?
Using the Shift+ Restart combination when you can’t enter Safe Mode:
- Open the ‘Start’ menu and click or tap on the ‘Power’ button.
- Keeping the Shift key pressed, click on Restart.
- One can also use the Shift+ Restart combination from the ‘Sign In’ screen.
- Windows 10/11 would then reboot, asking you to select an option.
What happens when F8 doesn’t work?
If you can’t start Windows normally, you may start Safe Mode when your Windows can’t start normally. As known, F8 no longer works in starting Safe Mode. But you can re-activate it with the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) Edit command. Select the Safe Mode you want to boot into, and press Enter.
How do I get F8 to work on Windows 10?
Fix F8 Not Working In Windows 10
- Manually Re-enable F8 Key. Type CMD in the search bar and click Run as Administrator.
- Enter Safe Mode From Start Menu.
- Start Safe Mode By System Configuration.
- Enter Safe Mode When Windows Can’t Boot Normally.
- Start In Safe Mode When You Can’t Login to Desktop.
Can you boot in Safe Mode without mouse or keyboard?
Double-click the “System Configuration” shortcut to open the System Configuration window. Click the “Boot” tab and then check the “Safe boot” box. Click the “Minimal” radio button under Safe Boot and then “Apply” and “OK” to apply the new settings and close the System Configuration window.
How do I boot into Windows recovery?
You can access Windows RE features through the Boot Options menu, which can be launched from Windows in a few different ways.
- Select Start, Power, and then press and hold Shift key while clicking Restart.
- Select Start, Settings, Update, and Security, Recovery.
- At the command prompt, run the Shutdown /r /o command.
The F12 Boot Menu allows you to choose which device that you would like to boot the computer’s Operating System from by pressing the F12 key during the computer’s Power On Self Test, or POST process. Some notebook and netbook models have the F12 Boot Menu disabled by default.
How do you get the F8 key to work?
Boot into Safe Mode with F8
- Restart your computer.
- As soon as your computer boots, press the F8 key repeatedly before the Windows logo appears.
- Select Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
- Click OK.
Can’t even boot into Safe Mode?
4 Fixes to Try if Windows Won’t Boot Into Safe Mode
- Use DISM and SFC to Repair System Files. If you have tried fixing a startup error before, you have probably used the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool.
- Use the Windows Startup Repair Tool.
- Clear the CMOS.
- Reset Your Computer.