To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- 1 How do I completely Reset my computer?
- 2 How do I factory Reset my computer using the keyboard?
- 3 How do I do a factory Reset with Windows 10?
- 4 How do I wipe my computer clean and start over?
- 5 How do I clear everything off my laptop?
- 6 What does the F11 key do?
- 7 What does pressing F11 on startup do?
- 8 How do I do a factory reset?
- 9 How do I factory reset Windows 10 without a disk?
- 10 How do I clear my laptop before selling it Windows 10?
- 11 How do I factory reset my laptop Windows 10 without logging in?
- 12 How do I clear my computer before I sell it?
- 13 How long does resetting a PC take?
- 14 How do you delete everything off your hard drive?
How do I completely Reset my computer?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do I factory Reset my computer using the keyboard?
Rather than reformatting your drives and restoring all your programs individually, you can reset the entire computer back to its factory settings with the F11 key. This is a universal Windows restore key and the procedure works on all PC systems.
How do I do a factory Reset with Windows 10?
How to factory reset on Windows 10
- Select Settings from the Start Menu.
- Select Updates and Security from the Setting Menu.
- Select Recovery from the Updates and Security Menu.
- Click Get Started under Reset this PC.
- Chosen to remove everything or keep files.
How do I wipe my computer clean and start over?
- Open Settings.
- Tap System and expand the Advanced drop-down.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data.
- Tap Reset Phone, enter your PIN, and select Erase Everything.
How do I clear everything off my laptop?
Head to the Start screen, find the Charms bar, click on Settings and then hit Change PC settings. Finally, choose Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows. When you choose to erase data, make sure you click on the “thoroughly” option rather than “quickly”, just to be sure that everything is deleted.
What does the F11 key do?
The F11 key allows you to activate full-screen mode in your browser. By pressing it again, you will return to the standard view with the menu bar. In Microsoft Excel, you can use the Shift key with F11 to quickly create a new spreadsheet in a new tab.
What does pressing F11 on startup do?
F11. Enter and exit fullscreen mode in all modern Internet browsers. Ctrl + F11 as the computer is starting to access the hidden recovery partition on many Dell computers. Pressing F11 by itself accesses the hidden recovery partition on eMachines, Gateway, and Lenovo computers.
How do I do a factory reset?
How to perform Factory Reset on Android smartphone?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do I factory reset Windows 10 without a disk?
How do I reinstall Windows without a disk?
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
How do I clear my laptop before selling it Windows 10?
For Windows 10, go to the Start Menu and click on Settings. Then navigate to Update & Security, and find the Recovery menu. Next, select Reset this PC and choose Get Started. Follow the instructions to revert your computer back to when it was first unboxed.
How do I factory reset my laptop Windows 10 without logging in?
How to Reset Windows 10 Laptop, PC or Tablet without Logging in
- Windows 10 will reboot and ask you to select an option.
- On the next screen, click the Reset this PC button.
- You’ll see two option: “Keep my files” and “Remove everything“.
- Keep My Files.
- Next, enter your user password.
- Click on Reset.
- Remove Everything.
How do I clear my computer before I sell it?
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Recovery.
- Under the Reset this PC section, click the Get started button.
- Click the Remove everything button.
- Click the Change settings option.
- Turn on the Data erasure toggle switch.
- Click the Confirm button.
How long does resetting a PC take?
It would take about 3 hours to reset a Windows PC and it would take another 15 minutes to set up your new PC. It would take 3 and a half hours to reset and start with your new PC.
How do you delete everything off your hard drive?
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, and click Get Started under Reset this PC. You are then asked if you want to keep your files or delete everything. Select Remove Everything, click Next, then click Reset. Your PC goes through the reset process and reinstalls Windows.