To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- 1 How do I completely Reset my computer?
- 2 Is it good to Reset your PC?
- 3 How do you Reset a Windows 10 laptop?
- 4 How do I wipe my computer clean and start over?
- 5 How do I clear everything off my laptop?
- 6 When should I reset my PC?
- 7 Does resetting Windows delete users?
- 8 Does resetting PC delete everything?
- 9 What will happen if I reset my Windows 10?
- 10 How do I do a factory reset?
- 11 How do you reset a Windows laptop?
- 12 How do I clear my computer before I sell it?
- 13 How do you delete everything off your hard drive?
How do I completely Reset my computer?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
Is it good to Reset your PC?
Windows itself recommends that going through a reset might be a good way of improving the performance of a computer that isn’t running well. Don’t assume that Windows will know where all your personal files are kept. In other words, make sure they’re still backed up, just in case.
How do you Reset a Windows 10 laptop?
How to reset your Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click Recovery in the left pane.
- Windows presents you with three main options: Reset this PC; Go back to an earlier version of Windows 10; and Advanced startup.
- Click Get started under Reset this PC.
How do I wipe my computer clean and start over?
- Open Settings.
- Tap System and expand the Advanced drop-down.
- Tap Reset options.
- Tap Erase all data.
- Tap Reset Phone, enter your PIN, and select Erase Everything.
How do I clear everything off my laptop?
Head to the Start screen, find the Charms bar, click on Settings and then hit Change PC settings. Finally, choose Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows. When you choose to erase data, make sure you click on the “thoroughly” option rather than “quickly”, just to be sure that everything is deleted.
When should I reset my PC?
Yes, it is a good idea to reset Windows 10 if you can, preferably every six months, when possible. Most users only resort to a Windows reset if they are having problems with their PC. However, tons of data get stored over time, some with your intervention but most without it.
Does resetting Windows delete users?
Resetting removes: All the personal files and user accounts on this PC. All apps and programs. Any changes made to settings.
Does resetting PC delete everything?
If you want to recycle your PC, give it away, or start over with it, you can reset it completely. This removes everything and reinstalls Windows. Note: If you upgraded your PC from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and your PC has a Windows 8 recovery partition, resetting your PC will restore Windows 8.
What will happen if I reset my Windows 10?
This reset option will reinstall Windows 10 and keeps your personal files, such as photos, music, videos or personal files. However, it will remove apps and drivers you installed, and also removes the changes you made to the settings.
How do I do a factory reset?
How to perform Factory Reset on Android smartphone?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do you reset a Windows laptop?
To begin, in the Start menu, click Settings, and then click Update & Security. In the resulting Update & Security window, click Recovery in the left pane. Under Reset this PC in the right pane click Get Started. In the following screen, choose either Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings.
How do I clear my computer before I sell it?
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Recovery.
- Under the Reset this PC section, click the Get started button.
- Click the Remove everything button.
- Click the Change settings option.
- Turn on the Data erasure toggle switch.
- Click the Confirm button.
How do you delete everything off your hard drive?
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery, and click Get Started under Reset this PC. You are then asked if you want to keep your files or delete everything. Select Remove Everything, click Next, then click Reset. Your PC goes through the reset process and reinstalls Windows.