From an open command prompt window:
- type shutdown, followed by the option you wish to execute.
- To shut down your computer, type shutdown /s.
- To restart your computer, type shutdown /r.
- To log off your computer type shutdown /l.
- For a complete list of options type shutdown /?
- After typing your chosen option, press Enter.
- 1 How do I restart a computer from the Command Prompt?
- 2 How do I restart a computer remotely?
- 3 How do you restart a computer by IP address?
- 4 How do I remotely restart a command prompt?
- 5 How do I restart a frozen Windows computer?
- 6 How do I restart virtual desktop?
- 7 How do you restart a Windows computer?
- 8 How do I restart a stuck laptop?
- 9 How do I restart my computer with Windows 10?
- 10 How can I shutdown another computer using CMD?
- 11 How do I shutdown someone else’s computer using CMD?
How do I restart a computer from the Command Prompt?
Click the Command Prompt icon located at the top of the Start menu to open the Command window. Type ‘shutdown / i’ in the Command Prompt window and then press ↵ Enter. A window will open with the option to restart the remote computer.
How do I restart a computer remotely?
To restart a remote computer,
- Go to the Computers tab.
- Hover on the computer you wish to restart and click.
- Select Restart to restart computer in normal mode, or select Restart in safe mode.
How do you restart a computer by IP address?
Type “shutdown -m [IP Address] -r -f” (without quotes) at the command prompt, where “[IP Address]” is the IP of the computer you want to restart. For example, if the computer you want to restart is located at 192.168. 0.34, type “shutdown -m 192.168.
How do I remotely restart a command prompt?
How to restart or shutdown Server remotely
- Open command prompt, and type “shutdown /m \RemoteServerName /r /c “Comments”“.
- Another command to restart or shutdown the Server remotely is Shutdown /i.
- Click on Add to mention list of Server that you are planning to restart or shutdown remotely.
How do I restart a frozen Windows computer?
The best way to restart a frozen computer is to hold the power button down for five to 10 seconds. This will allow your computer to restart safely without the disruption of a total power loss. Make sure to disconnect any headphones or extra cords as these items can cause glitches as your computer restarts.
How do I restart virtual desktop?
Procedure. Use the Restart Desktop command. Select Options > Restart Desktop from the menu bar. Right-click the remote desktop icon and select Restart Desktop.
How do you restart a Windows computer?
How to restart your Windows computer
- Click the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen. You can also press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Choose the Power icon.
- When you click the power button, you will have the option to put your computer to sleep, restart it, or power it down.
How do I restart a stuck laptop?
If you can’t even open the Task Manager, then your computer is truly locked up and the only way to get it moving again is a hard reset. Press and hold down on the power button until your computer turns off, then press the power button again to boot back up from scratch.
How do I restart my computer with Windows 10?
- Press and hold the power button on the front of the computer for approximately 5 seconds. The computer will shut off. No lights should be near the power button. If lights are still on, you can unplug the power cord to the computer tower.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Push the power button to turn the computer on again.
How can I shutdown another computer using CMD?
How to remotely shutdown another Windows computer
- Press the Windows key + X on the keyboard to open the Power User menu.
- Select the Search option in the menu.
- In the Search text box, type shutdown -i and press Enter.
How do I shutdown someone else’s computer using CMD?
Type /s or /r one space after the computer name. If you want to shut down the target computer type “/s” one space after the computer name. To restart the computer, type “/r” one space after the computer name.