The four basic types of computers are as under: Supercomputer. Mainframe Computer. Minicomputer.
- Analog Computer.
- Digital Computer.
- Hybrid Computer.
- 1 What are the types computer?
- 2 What are the 4 types of computer and their functions?
- 3 What are the 5 different types of computers?
- 4 What are the 3 categories of computers?
- 5 What is computer and its types?
- 6 What are 7 computer types?
- 7 Which is the most common types of computer?
- 8 What is a RAM?
- 9 What are the 6 types of computers?
- 10 What does ICT stand for?
What are the types computer?
Types of Computer
- Mainframe Computer. It is high capacity and costly computer.
- Super Computer. This category of computer is the fastest and also very expensive.
- Workstation Computer.
- Personal Computer (PC)
- Apple Macintosh (Mac)
- Laptop computer (notebook)
- Tablet and Smartphone.
What are the 4 types of computer and their functions?
Different types of computers and their functions
- Supercomputers. energy. energy Verified.
- Mainframe computers. Mainframe computers are cheaper than supercomputers and have a lower processing power as well.
- Minicomputers. Minicomputers are far smaller than mainframe computers and supercomputers.
- Microcomputers. Instagram.
What are the 5 different types of computers?
There are five types of computer-based on size.
- Mainframe Computer.
- Personal Computer.
What are the 3 categories of computers?
Classification of Computers by Size
- Mainframe computers.
- Personal computers (PCs) or microcomputers.
What is computer and its types?
Personal computer: A small, single-user computer based on a microprocessor. Minicomputer: A multi-user computer capable of supporting up to hundreds of users simultaneously. Mainframe: A powerful multi-user computer capable of supporting many hundreds or thousands of users simultaneously.
What are 7 computer types?
Classes by purpose
- Microcomputers (personal computers)
- Minicomputers (mid-range computers)
- Mainframe computers.
- Information appliances.
- Embedded computers.
Which is the most common types of computer?
Laptops, hand-held devices, wearable tech, and desktops are the most common computer types today. Desktops are the oldest computers and are used to run a large variety of programs and access the Internet. Laptops are portable versions of desktops that are smaller so they can be carried around with ease.
What is a RAM?
Random access memory (RAM) is a computer’s short-term memory, which it uses to handle all active tasks and apps. None of your programs, files, games, or streams would work without RAM. Here, we’ll explain exactly what RAM is, what RAM means, and why it’s so important.
What are the 6 types of computers?
According to the purpose, computer can be divided into 6 types: supercomputers, mainframe computers, minicomputers (mid-range computers), microcomputers, workstation computer, and server computer.
What does ICT stand for?
ICT stands for ‘ Information Communication Technology ‘. Everyday usage of digital technology includes when you use a computer, tablet or mobile phone, send email, browse the internet, make a video call – these are all examples of using basic ICT skills and technology to communicate.