As far as specs and features are concerned, HTC U12 Life and HTC U12 Plus are pretty similar to smartphones like Huawei P20 and OnePlus 6, but the phone in question is unique in its own way. It comes with super LCD touchscreen, expandable storage up to 400GB and also HTC Sense UI, among other great features. Read on to see U12 Life and U12 Plus specs, features and price in Kenya.
In Brief, HTC U12 Life and U12 Plus Specs
- Screen – 5.7, 6.0 Inches
- Camera – 8, 12, 13, 16 MP
- RAM – 4, 6 GB
- Storage – 32, 64, 128 GB
- Network – LTE
- Processor – Octa-Core Kryo
- OS – Android 8.0
- Battery – 3000, 3500 mAh
- Price – KSh. 95,000 (max)
HTC U12 Life and U12 Plus Screen, Display and Size
The U12 Life has a 5.7-inch multitouch screen while the U12 Plus has a 6.0-inch one. The display features include super LCD (LCD 6) capacitive, 16M colors, 1080 x 2280 (1440 x 2880)px and also a 443 (537) ppi density. Other features include corning gorilla glass 3/5 (meets DCI-P3 and HDR10), 80 percent StB ratio and also 19:9/18:9 aspect ratio.
Concerning the size, the bigger variant measures 156.6 x 73.9 x 8.7 mm and weighs 188 grams. The other variants are of course smaller in size.
The new phone competes with Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 when it comes to the camera. The top-level variant has a rear dual camera – 12 MP (f/1.8, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF) and 16 MP (f/2.6, 1.0µm). It also has a dual front camera – 8 MP (f/2.0, 1.12µm). The smaller version has a dual 13-MP rear camera and a 16-MP front camera.
The cameras’ main features include geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR and also panorama. Other features include phase detection and laser autofocus, OIS, gyro-EIS, 2x optical zoom and also dual-LED dual-tone flash. The video resolutions and sounds include 2160p@60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps and 24-bit/96kHz stereo sound rec.
Storage, Processor and OS
Starting with the memory, the available RAM sizes are 4GB and 6GB while the storages include 32, 64 and 128 – expandable up to 256GB or 400GB.
On the side of the processor, the U12 Life comes with Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 and 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260) CPU, Adreno 512 GPU and Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 chipset. The Plus version boasts Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold and 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver), Adreno 630 GPU and Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 chipset. The LG V30 and Sony Xperia XZ1 use near-similar CPUs.
As for the OS, the HTC phone runs Android 8.0 (Oreo) with HTC Sense UI.
First, the new device supports LTE, HSPA and GSM network technologies. When it comes to SIM, it works with single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) just like Huawei Mate 10, Nokia 8 and also Samsung Galaxy S9.
Second, it has a USB 3.1 (Type-C 1.0 reversible connector), 32-bit/384kHz audio, Bluetooth 5.0 (A2DP, aptX HD, LE), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/ b/ g/ n/ ac (dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot), GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS), NFC and also active noise cancellation with dedicated mic.
In addition, the phone has sensors such as fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity and compass.
The features under multimedia are general and include alerts such as vibration, MP3 and WAV ringtones and loudspeaker (with stereo speakers) like iPhone 8, iPhone X and other big phones. Other multimedia features include audio player (MP3, WAV, WMA, eAAC+, FLAC), video player (XviD, MP4, H.265), document editor and also photo/video editor.
Moreover, it has messaging features like SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email and Push Email, and also comes with the HTML5 browser.
HTC U12 Life and U12 Plus Battery
The battery is non-removable Li-Po and has a capacity of 3000 mAh (Life) and 3500 mAh (Plus). It features Quick Charge 3.0 (fast charging – 50 percent in 35 mins) and offers up to 24-hour talk time.
Design, Material and Color
The phone has a sleek design and looks classic. The main materials are glass and aluminum and the body resists dust and water (up to 1.5m for 30 mins). There are also pressure sensitive buttons for the top phone. The popular colors include translucent/sapphire blue, ceramic/brilliant black, ice white, violet and also flame/rose red.
HTC U12 Life and U12 Plus Price in Kenya
So how much do HTC U12 Life and U12 Plus cost in Kenya? Well, the prices of the new smartphones in Kenya are in the range KSh. 70,000 and KSh. 95,000 ($700 and $950).
HTC U12 Life and U12 Plus Full Specifications
- Type – GSM, HSPA, LTE
- Date – –
- Dimensions (2) – 156.6×73.9×8.7mm
- Weight (2) – 188g
- Material – Aluminum
- Dust and waterproof – –
- Type – Super LCD 6 capacitive touchscreen
- Size – 5.7 inches
- Size (2) – 6.0 inches
- Screen-to-Body Ratio – 80.0 percent
- Resolution – 1080×2280 pixels
- Resolution (2) – 1440×2880 pixels
- Aspect Ratio – 19:9
- Aspect Ratio (2) – 18:9
- PPI Density – 443
- PPI Density (2) – 537
- Colors – 16M
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Protection (2) – Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Multitouch – Yes
- Single – Single SIM (Nano-SIM)
- Dual – Hybrid dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual standby)
- Dual – 13MP + 13MP
- Dual (2) – 12MP (f/1.8, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF) + 16MP (f/2.6, 1.0µm)
- Features – Dual-LED dual-tone flash, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR, etc
- Video – 2160p@60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 24-bit/96kHz stereo sound rec
- Single – 16MP (f/2.0)
- Dual (2) – 8MP (f/2.0, 1.12µm) + 8MP (f/2.0, 1.12µm)
- Features – –
- Video – –
- RAM – 4, 6GB
- Storage – 32, 64, 128GB
- Memory card slot – MicroSD (up to 256, 400GB)
- CPU – Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 and 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- CPU (2) – Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold and 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- Chipset – Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660
- Chipset (2) – Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- GPU – Adreno 512< /li>
- GPU (2) – Adreno 630< /li>
- OS – Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Custom user interface – HTC Sense UI
- USB – 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Bluetooth – 5.0 (A2DP, aptX HD, LE)
- WLAN – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band, direct, hotspot, DLNA)
- GPS – Yes (A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS)
- NFC – Yes
- FM radio – –
- Loudspeaker – Yes (stereo speakers)
- 3.5mm jack – –
- Infrared port – –
- Sensors – Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Type – Non-removable Li-Po
- Capacity – 3000mAh
- Capacity (2) – 3500mAh
- Charging time – –
- Fast charging – Yes (Quick Charge 3.0, 50 percent in 35mins)
- Wireless charging – –
- Standby – –
- Talk time – Up to 24hrs
- Music play – –
- Internet use – –
- Battery life – –
- Endurance rating – –
- Type – Bar
- Bezel – Yes
- Variety – Translucent blue, ceramic black, ice white, violet, flame red
- Variety (2) – Sapphire blue, brilliant black, ice white, violet, rose red
- Charger – Yes
- USB cable – Yes
- SIM card ejector – –
- User manual – Yes
- Pin – –
- Protector case – –
- Protector film – –
- Warranty – –
- KSh – 70,000 (min)
Although we do thorough research for our content, we don’t guarantee the specifications and features are 100 percent correct.
Loved our review? Well, subscribe for more on the subscription section!