Huawei has released a new smartphone, Huawei Mate 10, and it is the best so far from the Chinese tech giant. Here at TechAppeala, we have already seen the phone, and we have reviewed it. Read the Huawei Mate 10 and 10 Pro review below to see the smartphones’ prices in Kenya and all their specs and features.
Huawei Mate 10 Screen, Display and Size
The Mate 10 comes with a 5.9-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen (10 Pro has 6.0-inch AMOLED). The multi-touch screen has 16M colors and pixel density of 499 ppi (Pro has 402 ppi). The screen-to-body ratio is 81.6% (Pro has 80.9%) and the resolution stands at 1440 x 2560pixels and 1080 x 2160 pixels for the Pro.
Other screen features include Corning Gorilla Glass, HDR10 compliant and also EMUI 8.0.
The dimensions are 150.5 x 77.8 x 8.2 mm while the weight is 186g. The 10 Pro measures 154.2 x 74.5 x 7.9 mm and weighs 178g.
The main camera is 20MP (with f/1.6, OIS, 2x lossless zoom, Leica optics, phase detection and laser autofocus and dual-LED flash) while the secondary one is 8MP (with f/2.0). The rear also has a 12MP camera, which means that the phone has three cameras.
When it comes to recording, the video are created at 2160p@30fps and 1080p@30/60fps. Other camera features include geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama and HDR.
Storage,Processor and OS
The RAM is 4GB while the internal memory is 64GB (10 Pro has 6GB RAM and 128GB storage). The phone supports a microSD (for SIM 2 slot) with a capacity of up to 256GB. However, the Pro lacks the card slot. The processor is Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 and 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53).
As for the chipset and GPU, the smartphones come with a Hisilicon Kirin 970 and Mali-G72 MP12 respectively.
Concerning SIM card, it has a single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid dual SIM (Nano-SIM and dual stand-by). The operating system is Android 8.0 (Oreo).
First, the phones support the following networks – GSM, HSPA and LTE.
Second, the Mate 10 comes with USB 2.0 (type-C 1.0 reversible connector). In addition, it comes with fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer and compass sensors.
Other connectivity features include Bluetooth 4.2 (with A2DP, LE and aptX HD) and Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA).
On the side of messaging, there is SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email and also Push Email.
Moreover, the Huawei phone comes with GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS and BDS), NFC, GPRS, Infrared port and HTML5.
Under multimedia, there is a 3.5 mm Jack (with active noise cancellation and dedicated mic and 32-bit/384kHz audio), vibration, MP3 and WAV ringtones. The Pro has additional features such as loudspeaker and 3.5 mm to USB-C headphone adapter.
Other related features include (MP4, DviX, XviD, H.265 and WMV player), (MP3, WAV, FLAC, eAAC+ and WMA player), document editor and photo and video editor.
Huawei Mate 10 Battery
The battery is a non-removable Li-Po, and has a capacity of 4000mAh. It supports fast charging (4.5V/5A, 58% in 30 min).
Material and Color
The main materials are glass and aluminum. The body resists dust and water up to 1 meter and 30 minutes. On the other side, the popular colors include mocha brown, black, titanium gray, champagne gold and also pink gold.
Huawei Mate 10 Price in Kenya
So how much is Mate 10? Well, the new smartphones cost between KSh. 82,000 and KSh. 95,000 (around $820 and $950 depending on the variant). Similar phones with same price range include LG V30, Apple iPhone 8 and Apple iPhone X.
Huawei Mate 10 and 10 Pro Full Specifications
- Type – GSM, HSPA, LTE
- Date – –
- Dimensions – 150.5×77.8×8.2mm
- Dimensions (2) – 154.2×74.5×7.9mm
- Weight – 186g
- Weight (2) – 178g
- Material – Glass, aluminium
- Dust and waterproof – Yes (up to 1 meter and 30 minutes)
- Type – IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Type (2) – AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Size – 5.9 inches
- Screen-to-Body Ratio – 81.6 percent
- Screen-to-Body Ratio (2) – 80.9 percent
- Resolution – 1440×2560 pixels
- Resolution (2) – 1080×21600 pixels
- Aspect Ratio – –
- PPI Density – 499
- PPI Density (2) – 402
- Colors – 16M
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass
- Multitouch – Yes
- Single – Single SIM (Nano-SIM)
- Dual – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Dual – 20MP (f/1.6, OIS, 2x lossless zoom, Leica optics) + 12MP (f/1.6)
- Features – Dual-LED flash, autofocus, HDR, face detection, panorama, etc
- Video – 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- Single – 8MP (f/2.0)
- Features – –
- Video – –
- CPU – Octa-core (4×2.4GHz Cortex-A73 and 4×1.8GHz Cortex-A53)
- Chipset – Hisilicon Kirin 970
- GPU – Mali-G72 MP12
- OS – Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Custom user interface – –
- RAM – 4GB
- RAM (2) – 6GB
- Storage – 64GB
- Storage (2) – 128GB
- Memory card slot – MicroSD (up to 256GB on SIM 2 slot)
- USB – 2.0 (type-C 1.0 reversible connector)
- Bluetooth – 4.2 (A2DP, aptX HD)
- WLAN – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band, hotspot, direct, DLNA)
- GPS – Yes (A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS)
- NFC – Yes
- FM Radio – Yes (with RDS)
- Loudspeaker – Yes
- 3.5mm jack – Yes
- Infrared port – Yes
- Sensors – Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Type – Non-removable Li-Po
- Capacity – 4000mAh
- Fast charging – Yes (4.5V/5A, 58 percent in 30min)
- Wireless charging – –
- Standby – –
- Talk time – –
- Music play – –
- Battery life – –
- Endurance rating – –
- Type – Bar
- Bezel – Minimal
- Variety – Mocha brown, black, titanium gray, champagne gold, pink gold
- Charger – Yes
- USB – Yes
- User manual – Yes
- Pin – –
- Protector case – –
- Warranty – –
- KSh – 82,000
- KSh (2) – 95,000
Although we do thorough research for our content, we don’t guarantee the specifications and features are 100% correct.
Loved our review? Well, subscribe for more on the subscription section!