Huawei Mate 20 is a super smartphone which comes with a number of versions including the Pro variant. Surprisingly, the Pro variant is smaller in size, but comes with top notch features in the memory, camera and also battery. Read on for the Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro specs, features and price in Kenya.
In Brief, Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro Specs
- Screen – 6.53, 6.39 inches
- RAM – 4, 6, 8GB
- Storage – 128, 256GB
- Processor – Octa-core
- Camera – 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 40MP
- Network – LTE
- OS – Android 9.0
- Battery – 4000, 4200mAh
- Price – KSh. 75,000, 107,000
Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro Display
The Pro variant has a smaller screen, but delivers a crystal clear display with the AMOLED technology and high resolution. Both screens feature the Corning Gorilla Glass and spiced up with DCI-P3 and HDR10.
Memory and Platform
The minimum memory specs are 4GB RAM and 128GB storage, so the phones are quite reliable when it comes to running apps and storing content. There is also a card slot for some more external memory.
On the platform front, the devices feature a powerful octa-core processor which facilitates a speedy operation. The GPU and chipset are from MediaTek and HiSilicon respectively, but they are highly refurbished. In addition, the OS is the latest Android – 9.0 (Pie).
Like other top phones of the late 2018, the Mate 20s come with triple cameras which revolutionize the way you take photos and videos. The selfie camera is a single one, but a big one – 24MP.
Network and SIM
The available networks include GSM, HSPA and LTE, and as far as SIM is concerned, you can choose single Nano SIM or hybrid dual Nano SIM.
Connectivity and Media
Both phones are superb when it comes to connectivity. From USB and Bluetooth to Wi-Fi and GPS, the devices have almost everything that you need to connect and share. There is even NFC and infrared port.
On the side of media, there is a sound system with stereo speakers, 32-bit/384kHz audio and also active noise cancellation with dedicated mic.
The main sensor here is fingerprint, mounted at the rear for the lower variant and under the display for the other variant.
Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro Battery
The capacities are pretty good, and the batteries themselves support fast charging, and wireless charging for the Pro variant.
Design, Material and Color
Concerning the design, the Huawei phones are quite similar, with just small differences in the positioning of the cameras. The materials remain to be glass and aluminum, and the popular colors include green, blue and also black.
Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro Price in Kenya
The prices are in the range KSh. 75,000 and KSh. 150,000 (around $750 and $1500), with the 8GB+256GB variant being the most expensive.
Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro Full Specifications
- Type – GSM, HSPA, LTE
- Date – October, 2018
- Dimensions – 158.2×77.2×8.3mm
- Dimensions (2) – 157.8×72.3×8.6mm
- Weight – 188g
- Weight (2) – 189g
- Material – Aluminum + glass
- Dust and waterproof – Yes (IP53 degree)
- Type – IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Type (2) – AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Size – 6.53 inches
- Size (2) – 6.39 inches
- Screen-to-Body Ratio – 88.0 percent
- Screen-to-Body Ratio (2) – 87.9 percent
- Resolution – 1080×2244 pixels
- Resolution (2) – 1440×3120 pixels
- Aspect Ratio – 18.7:9
- Aspect Ratio (2) – 19.5:9
- PPI Density – 381
- PPI Density (2) – 538
- Colors – 16M
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass
- Protection (2) – Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Multitouch – Yes
- Single – Single SIM (Nano-SIM)
- Dual – Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual standby)
- Triple – 12MP (f/1.8, 1/2.3″, 27mm wide) + 16MP (f/2.2, 17mm ultrawide) + 8MP (f/2.4, 52mm telephoto)
- Triple (2) – 40MP (f/1.8, 1/1.7″, 27mm wide, PDAF/Laser AF) + 20MP (f/2.2, 1/2.7″, 16mm ultrawide, PDAF/Laser AF) + 8MP (f/2.4, 1/4″, 5x optical zoom, 80mm telephoto, OIS, PDAF/Laser AF)
- Features – Leica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR, etc
- Video – 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS), 720p@960fps
- Single – 24MP (f/2.0, 26mm wide)
- Features – HDR
- Video – 1080@30fps
- RAM – 4/6, 6/8GB
- Storage – 128, 128/256GB
- Memory card slot – Nano Memory (up to 256GB on SIM 2 slot)
- CPU – Octa-core (2×2.6GHz Cortex-A76 and 2×1.92GHz Cortex-A76 and 4×1.8GHz Cortex-A55)
- Chipset – HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7nm)
- GPU – Mali-G76 MP10
- OS – Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Custom user interface – EMUI 9.0
- USB – 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector (USB On-The-Go)
- Bluetooth – 5.0 (A2DP, LE, aptX HD)
- WLAN – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band, direct, hotspot, DLNA)
- GPS – Yes (dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS)
- NFC – Yes
- FM radio – Yes
- Loudspeaker – Yes (with stereo speakers)
- 3.5mm jack – Yes
- Infrared port – Yes
- Sensors – Fingerprint (rear-mounted, under display for Pro), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- Type – Non-removable Li-Ion
- Capacity – 4000mAh
- Capacity (2) – 4200mAh
- Power supply – –
- Charging time – –
- Fast charging – Yes (4.5V/5A 22.5W, 58 percent in 30 mins)
- Fast charging (2) – Yes (40W, 70 percent in 30 mins)
- USB power delivery – –
- Wireless charging – –
- Wireless charging (2) – Yes (Qi, 15W)
- Power bank/reverse wireless charging – –
- Power bank/reverse wireless charging (2) – Yes (40W)
- Standby – –
- Talk time – –
- Music play – –
- Internet use – –
- Battery life – –
- Endurance rating – 85hrs
- Endurance rating (2) – 91hrs
- Type – Bar
- Bezel – Minimal
- Variety – Midnight blue, twilight, black
- Variety (2) – Emerald green, midnight blue, twilight, pink gold, black
- Charger – Yes
- USB cable – Yes
- SIM card ejector – –
- User manual – Yes
- Pin – –
- Protector case – –
- Protector film – –
- Warranty – –
- KSh – 75,000
- KSh (2) – 107,000
Although we do thorough research for our content, we don’t guarantee the specifications and features are 100 percent correct.
Loved our review? Well, subscribe for more on the subscription section!