To force restart or hard reset your device, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least ten seconds. After about ten seconds, you should see the Apple logo and can release the buttons. That’s it. Now you know how to hard reset your iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
- 1 How do I hard reset my iPhone 6 with buttons?
- 2 How do I completely reset my iPhone 6?
- 3 Does hard reset delete everything iPhone 6?
- 4 How do I manually reset my iPhone?
- 5 How do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
- 6 How do I hard reset my iPhone with buttons?
- 7 How do I reset my iPhone without deleting everything?
- 8 Is hard reset bad for iPhone?
- 9 Is hard reset and factory reset the same?
To force reboot your iPhone 6, press and hold both the power button and the home button for a few seconds, until your screen goes black. Keep holding until your screen comes back on again. Once the Apple logo appears you can let go of the buttons and your phone will restart.
How do I completely reset my iPhone 6?
Factory-reset your iPhone To reset your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > General > Reset and then select Erase All Content and Settings. If you’ve got an iCloud backup set up, iOS will ask if you’d like to update it, so you don’t lose unsaved data. We advise you to follow this advice, and tap Back Up Then Erase.
Does hard reset delete everything iPhone 6?
Does a hard reset erase everything on iPhone? If you mean a full restore, then resetting your iPhone via Hard Reset will erase all your data completely. All your iPhone settings and your private data will be erased and restored to the original state.
How do I manually reset my iPhone?
Factory reset your iPhone
- In “Settings,” scroll down and tap “General.”
- At the bottom of the “General” page, tap “Reset.”
- To factory reset your iPhone, select “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- You’ll be prompted to enter your passcode, then your device will ask you to confirm that you want to erase everything.
How do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
Those steps to factory resetting your iPhone are listed again below if you need them in an easier-to-read format:
- Tap Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap ‘Erase all content and settings’
- Enter passcode/Face ID/fingerprint.
- Tap ‘Erase iPhone/iPad’
- Enter Apple ID password.
- Your iPhone/iPad will now factory reset.
Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
How do I reset my iPhone without deleting everything?
How to restore default iPhone settings without erasing content
- Open Settings, swipe down and tap General.
- Swipe to the bottom and choose Reset.
- To restore all settings to the default without deleting your content, tap Reset All Settings (note this does remove Apple Pay cards) tap Reset All Settings again.
Is hard reset bad for iPhone?
A reset, as Apple calls it (hard restart as you call it), will not harm your iPhone at all. It’s the equivalent of rebooting your computer.
Is hard reset and factory reset the same?
The two terms factory and hard reset are associated with settings. A factory reset relates to the rebooting of the entire system, while hard resets relates to the resetting of any hardware in the system.