Factory reset your iPhone
- In “Settings,” scroll down and tap “General.”
- At the bottom of the “General” page, tap “Reset.”
- To factory reset your iPhone, select “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- You’ll be prompted to enter your passcode, then your device will ask you to confirm that you want to erase everything.
- 1 How do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
- 2 How can I factory reset my iPhone without unlocking it?
- 3 How do I completely wipe my iPhone?
- 4 Does hard reset delete everything iPhone?
- 5 What is a hard reset iPhone?
- 6 How can I erase my iPhone without Apple ID or password?
- 7 How do I wipe my iPhone before selling it?
- 8 Does a factory reset delete everything?
How do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
Those steps to factory resetting your iPhone are listed again below if you need them in an easier-to-read format:
- Tap Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap ‘Erase all content and settings’
- Enter passcode/Face ID/fingerprint.
- Tap ‘Erase iPhone/iPad’
- Enter Apple ID password.
- Your iPhone/iPad will now factory reset.
How can I factory reset my iPhone without unlocking it?
Just follow these steps:
- Log into the Find My iPhone site via iCloud.
- Enter your Apple ID and password – you do not need your iPhone passcode, but you will need access to your Apple account.
- Select your iPhone from the drop-down list of devices.
- Click “Erase iPhone” and then confirm your decision.
How do I completely wipe my iPhone?
How to Factory Reset Your iPhone
- Unlock your iPhone or iPad and launch the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap in your passcode if requested.
- Enter your Apple ID password to erase the iPhone and remove it from your account.
- Tap Erase.
Does hard reset delete everything iPhone?
Factory reset or hard reset deletes complete data and settings from your iPhone. All your photos, videos, contacts, call logs, passwords, messages, browsing history, calendar, chat history, notes, installed apps, etc., get deleted from the iOS device. It cleans your iPhone as new with no personal information at all.
What is a hard reset iPhone?
Hard resetting means removing everything that is on your iPhone. Performing a hard reset wipes out all the data from your device. On the flip side, soft reset pertains to simply turning off your phone and restarting it.
How can I erase my iPhone without Apple ID or password?
How to Erase iPhone without Apple ID or Apple ID Password?
- Download AnyUnlock on your computer. Open it and click the Unlock Apple ID option.
- Connect your iPhone via USB cable and tap on Unlock Now button. Click Unlock Now Button.
- Then AnyUnlock will remove Apple ID and help you reset iPhone.
How do I wipe my iPhone before selling it?
Go back to Settings and tap General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you turned on Find My [device], you might need to enter your Apple ID and password. If your device uses eSIM, choose the option to erase your device and the eSIM profile when asked.
Does a factory reset delete everything?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.