The other storage category contains miscellaneous files that aren’t included in the main categories (like photos and videos, apps, and email). Some of the most important other files include: The Safari browser cache. Mail cache and mail attachments.
- 1 How do you get rid of other storage on iPhone?
- 2 How do I clear other storage on my phone?
- 3 What causes other storage on iPhone?
- 4 Why do I have 30 GB of other on my iPhone?
- 5 How do I clear my iPhone cache?
- 6 How do I clear my iPhone storage without deleting everything?
- 7 What are others in phone storage?
- 8 What do I do when my iPhone storage is full?
- 9 Why do I have 40GB of other storage on iPhone?
- 10 Why do I have 7gb of other on my iPhone?
- 11 Why is other taking up 50gb?
How do you get rid of other storage on iPhone?
Here are some ways to clear your iPhone’s Other storage of unnecessary content:
- Clear Your Safari Cache. Safari caches are one of the biggest culprits of Other storage growing out of hand.
- Cut Down on Streaming If You Can.
- Delete Old iMessage and Mail Data.
- Delete and Re-Install Some Apps.
- Back Up and Reset Your iPhone.
How do I clear other storage on my phone?
To make use of this feature follow this simple guide.
- Open your ‘Settings’ app.
- Navigate to ‘Storage Options’ and open it.
- If your manufacturer allows, then sort the apps according to their size.
- Open the app and click on clear cache.
- If that does not help, then click on clear all data.
What causes other storage on iPhone?
“Other” is storage used for anything that is not explicitly listed. It’s normally small; 500 MB to 1GB, depending on the capacity of the phone. If it is much larger than that it means there is data corruption in the phone’s storage. This is most commonly caused by an interrupted sync.
Why do I have 30 GB of other on my iPhone?
Other is all data on the phone that is not shown in the colored graph categories when you go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage. Other is typically 1-2 GB, but can be more if you have a lot of app data. If it is very large (>10GB) there may be storage corruption on your phone, usually caused by an interrupted sync.
How do I clear my iPhone cache?
Here’s how to find it:
- Open your iPhone’s settings.
- Scroll until you see the eligible app, then tap it.
- Look for a “Clear cache” option. If the toggle next to it is green, tap it to clear the app’s cache.
How do I clear my iPhone storage without deleting everything?
How to clear space on your iPhone without deleting photos
- Attempt to rent a movie with a large file size.
- Delete unused or unnecessary storage-eating apps.
- Delete old text messages.
- Stop using My Photo Stream.
- Don’t keep both photos when you enable HDR mode.
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- Turn off automatic app updates.
What are others in phone storage?
You have your apps (are the bread and butter of your phone), images and video, audio, cached data (temporary data from a website or app designed to make them load up faster) and the ‘other’ file. On iOS, you can see this anytime you connect your phone up to iTunes while Android users can see it in usage settings.
What do I do when my iPhone storage is full?
21 Fixes for the iPhone “Storage Almost Full” Message
- TIP #1: Delete unused apps.
- Tip #2: Delete preinstalled apps data.
- Tip #3: Find out which apps are taking up the most space.
- Tip #4: Mass purge old conversations.
- Tip #5: Turn off Photo Stream.
- Tip #6: Don’t keep HDR photos.
- Tip #7: Listen to your music with pCloud.
Why do I have 40GB of other storage on iPhone?
The update to iOS 13.6. 1 is supposed to clear excessive other on your phone. If you have 40GB of other, that’s way too much. The system files that are deleted when space is low, are unneeded system files.
Why do I have 7gb of other on my iPhone?
Answer: A: You may have memory corruption. Back up the phone to iTunes and iCloud (for extra security). Check Encrypt Backup for the iTunes backup, and DON’T FORGET THE BACKUP PASSCODE so the backup will include health data and passwords.
Why is other taking up 50gb?
It’s comprised of system files, caches, Siri voices (if you’ve downloaded other voices), logs, updates, and so much more. One of the biggest culprits for Other growing out of hand is streaming lots of music and video. When you download video or music from the iTunes store, TV app, or Music app, it’s indexed as Media.