OnePlus 6 may be selling at the same price as Nokia 8 or Sony Xperia XZ1, but the phone is incredibly superior when it comes to specs and features. It boasts 8 GB RAM, 256 GB storage, 6.28-inch display and also the Android Oreo, among other top quality features. Read on to see OnePlus 6 specs, features and price in Kenya.
In Brief, OnePlus 6 Specs
- Screen size – 6.28 Inches
- Camera – 16, 25 MP
- RAM – 6, 8 GB
- Storage – 64, 128, 256 GB
- Network – LTE
- Processor – Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold and 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- OS – Android 8.1
- Battery – 3300 mAh
- Price – KSh. 60,000
OnePlus 6 Screen, Display and Size
If you love phones with big screens, the new device will definitely catch your attention. The screen size is 6.28 inches and features optic AMOLED, capacitive multitouch, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, DCI-P3 and also a resolution of 1080 x 2280 px. Other display features include 402 ppi, 83.8 percent StB ratio, 19:9 aspect ratio and also 16M colors.
As for the size, the phone measures 155.7 x 75.4 x 7.8 mm and weighs 177 grams.
The cameras are three in number: dual rear (16MP and 20MP) and front (16MP). The 16MP rear camera boasts f/1.7, 27mm, 1/2.6″, 1.22µm, gyro-EIS and OIS while the 20MP one has features such as f/1.7, 1/2.8″ and 1.0µm. On the other side, the front camera comes with f/2.0, 20mm, 1/3″ and 1.0µm.
The general camera features include geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR and also panorama. Other features include phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash, gyro-EIS, auto HDR and also 1080p. The video resolutions include 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps and also 720p@480fps.
Storage, Processor and OS
As mentioned above, the phone comes with 256 GB storage, but it has variants with 64 GB and 128 GB. Concerning the RAM, there are two variants – 8 GB and 6 GB RAMs.
On the side of processor, the device carries Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold and 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver) CPU, Adreno 630 GPU and Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 chipset. When it comes to the OS, it features Android 8.1 (Oreo), but it can also work with Oxygen OS.
First, the OnePlus phone supports the following network technologies – GSM, CDMA, HSPA and also LTE. Second, it works with dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by).
Other connectivity features include 3.5mm jack (with active noise cancellation, dedicated mic, Dirac HD sound), Bluetooth 5.0 (A2DP, LE, aptX HD), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/ b/ g/ n/ ac (dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot), GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO), NFC and also USB 2.0 (Type-C 1.0 reversible connector).
Like other top modern-day smartphones, the new phone has sensors such as fingerprint (rear-mounted), gyro, accelerometer, compass and proximity. Moreover, it has messaging features like SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM and Push Email, and also comes with the HTML5 browser.
Some of the main multimedia features include loudspeaker and alert types such as vibration and MP3 and WAV ringtones. Other features include audio player (MP3, WMA, WAV, eAAC+, FLAC), video player (DivX, Xvid, MP4, H.265), document viewer and also photo/video editor.
OnePlus 6 Battery
The battery is non-removable Li-Po and has a capacity of 3300 mAh. It offers good talk, stand-by and music play time and also long usage time.
Design, Material and Color
The phone has a stylish design and is just stunning. The main materials are glass and aluminum and the popular colors include midnight black, mirror black and silk white.
OnePlus 6 Price in Kenya
The price of the OnePlus 6 in Kenya ranges between KSh. 60,000 and KSh. 65,000 ($600 and $650). For other phones with near-similar features, see Oppo F7, Huawei Mate 10, Infinix Zero 5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and also Huawei P20.
OnePlus 6 Full Specifications
- Type – GSM, CDMA, HSPA, LTE
- Date – –
- Dimensions – 155.7×75.4×7.8mm
- Weight – 177g
- Material – Aluminum + glass
- Dust and waterproof – –
- Type – Optic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Size – 6.28 inches
- Screen-to-Body Ratio – 83.8 percent
- Resolution – 1080×2280 pixels
- Aspect Ratio – 19:9
- PPI Density – 402
- Colors – 16M
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Multitouch – Yes
- Dual – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Dual – 16MP (f/1.7, 27mm, 1/2.6″, 1.22µm, gyro-EIS, OIS) + 20MP (f/1.7, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm)
- Features – Dual-LED flash, face detection, panorama, auto-HDR, etc
- Video – 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 720p@480fps
- Single – 16MP (f/2.0, 20mm, 1/3″, 1.0µm)
- Features – –
- Video – –
- CPU – Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold and 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- Chipset – Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- GPU – Adreno 630
- OS – Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Custom user interface – Oxygen OS
- RAM – 6, 8GB
- Storage – 64, 128, 256GB
- Memory card slot – –
- USB – 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Bluetooth – 5.0 (A2DP, LE, aptX LD)
- WLAN – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band, hotspot, direct)
- GPS – Yes (A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO)
- NFC – Yes
- FM radio – Yes
- Loudspeaker – Yes
- 3.5mm jack – Yes
- Infrared port – –
- Sensors – Fingerprint (rear-mounted), gyro, accelerometer, compass, proximity
- Type – Non-removable Li-Po
- Capacity – 3300mAh
- Charging time – –
- Fast charging – –
- Wireless charging – –
- Standby – –
- Talk time – –
- Music play – –
- Internet use – –
- Battery life – –
- Endurance rating – –
- Type – Bar
- Bezel – Minimal
- Variety – Midnight black, mirror black, silk white
- Charger – Yes
- USB cable – Yes
- SIM card ejector – –
- User manual – Yes
- Pin – –
- Protector case – –
- Protector film – –
- Warranty – –
- KSh – 50,000
Although we do thorough research for our content, we don’t guarantee the specifications and features are 100 percent correct.
Loved our review? Well, subscribe for more on the subscription section!