On your phone call the SGR booking code *639#. This will open a prompt to allow you to book a train ticket by purchasing a Madaraka Express ticket and pay using M-PESA. Note that SGR fares for first class travelers you pay shs. 3000 at the moment whilst an economy class seat costs shs.
- 1 How do I book SGR via mpesa?
- 2 How can I book SGR online?
- 3 What is SGR booking number?
- 4 Is SGR fully booked 2021?
- 5 How do I get to SGR Nairobi terminus by matatu?
- 6 How do I book my SGR Kenya?
- 7 Is food allowed in SGR 2021?
- 8 How many trips does SGR make in a day?
- 9 Does SGR have WIFI?
- 10 How do I get SGR tickets?
- 11 How can I contact SGR?
- 12 How can I book SGR in advance?
- 13 Can you book SGR without ID?
How do I book SGR via mpesa?
How to pay for SGR by mpesa (Paybill method)
- Go to YOUR MPESA Menu on the phone.
- Choose Lipa Na Mpesa.
- Select Paybill.
- Input SGR online Paybill No. 809888.
- Input the Account No. (
- Enter the applicable amount and click confirm.
- Wait for the Confirmation SMS from safaricom Mpesa.
How can I book SGR online?
How To Book SGR Via Online | Easy Way
- Step 1: Access SGR Website. Go to the SGR online website metickets.krc.co.ke to book online.
- Step 2: Choose Train.
- Step 3: Choose Destination.
- Step 4: Choose Departure Date.
- Step 4: Click Book A Train.
- Step 5: Fill Number of People To Travel.
- Step 5: Pay For Tickets.
What is SGR booking number?
1. Start by contacting customer care through SGR booking contacts which include 0709 388 888, within office hours 7 in the morning and 4 in the evening.
Is SGR fully booked 2021?
“ The SGR has been fully booked since December 17, 2021 …that tells you that local tourism has really improved,” said tour operator and Bella Safaris CEO George Njuguna.
How do I get to SGR Nairobi terminus by matatu?
The ride takes 45 minutes with a stop-over at the Madaraka Station and the Imara Daima station for more people to board. This is the most convenient way to access the SGR train. But if you are late for the 6.30 am train, you can always board a matatu outside the Nairobi Railways station.
How do I book my SGR Kenya?
Kenya Railways SGR Train Online Booking Website
- Go to metickets.krc.co.ke.
- Select the Preferred train (Madaraka Express for the afternoon or SGR intercounty for morning travel)
- Select your Starting station (Mombasa, Athi River, Emali, Kibwezi, Miaseny, Mariakani, Mtito Andei, Voi or Nairobi)
Is food allowed in SGR 2021?
Under the new changes set to take effect “soon”, passengers travelling on the standard gauge railway (SGR) will no longer be allowed to carry packed food and drinks as they have done since the Madaraka Express train was launched in June 2017.
How many trips does SGR make in a day?
The Madaraka Express Passenger Service offers two types of train service each making two round-trips a day. The Intercounty train runs in the morning and makes stopovers in Athi River, Emali, Kibwezi, Mtito Andei, Voi, Miasenyi and Mariakani county stations.
Does SGR have WIFI?
The SGR’s luxury travellers also have access to TVs while wi-fi is free for everyone on board irrespective of class.
How do I get SGR tickets?
Simply dial *639# to buy a Madaraka Express ticket and pay via M-PESA. It’s easy and fast! Buy up to a maximum of 5 tickets in one transaction 24/7 from the comfort of your home, office or even while on the go.
How can I contact SGR?
- Address. Workshops Road Off Haille Selasssie Avenue Opposite Technical University of Kenya.
- Telephone / Mobiles. 0728603581, 0728603582, 0708572574, 0708571587.
- Email. [email protected]
How can I book SGR in advance?
To do this you either need to:
- Go to the respective station (Miritini and Syokimau stations).
- Purchase using Mpesa.
- Call Kenya railways to make a reservation and pay for the tickets using Mpesa or by visiting the station.
- Send someone to book for you or,
- Book online from the online portal (SGR Website online).
Can you book SGR without ID?
Passengers are advised to have original identification documents when booking over the counter and during the journey. 5. The booking office opens at 6:30 am and closes at 8:30 pm.