Samsung Galaxy Note 9 boasts a super AMOLED touchscreen, 6/8GB RAM and also a dual rear camera, among other top-of-the-range features. In this Samsung Galaxy Note 9 review, see the smartphone’s specs, features and price in Kenya.
In Brief, Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Specs
- Screen – 6.4 inches
- Camera – 8, 12MP
- RAM – 6, 8GB
- Storage – 128, 512GB
- Network – LTE
- Processor – Octa-core (4×2.7/2.8GHz and 4×1.7/1.8GHz)
- OS – Android 8.1
- Battery – 4000mAh
- Price – KSh. 100,000
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Screen, Display and Size
Like other modern ‘big’ smartphones, the Note 9 comes with a super AMOLED capacitive multitouch screen. The 6.4-inch display features a 1440 x 2960px resolution, 18.5:9 aspect ratio (516 ppi density), 83.4 percent StB ratio and also 16M colors.
Other screen features include the Corning Gorilla Glass 5, HDR10 and also Always-on-Display.
When it comes to the size, the device measures 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm and weighs 201 grams.
As mentioned above, the phone spots a dual back camera – 12 MP (f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS) and 12 MP (f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 1µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom). The two cameras also have features such as LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama, dual-video rec. and a number video resolution options – 2160p/ 1080p/ 720p@60fps/ 240fps/ 960fps.
The front has a single 8MP camera (f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/3.6″, 1.22µm, AF). The selfie camera has features such as dual video call, auto-HDR and also a 1440p@30fps video resolution.
Memory, Processor and OS
As far as memory is concerned, there are two options – 6GB RAM + 128GB storage and 8GB + 512GB storage. There is also a microSD support which allows you to add up to 512GB. The card works on the SIM 2 slot and on the dual SIM model only.
Concerning the processor, there are also two options – octa-core (4×2.7 GHz Mongoose M3 and 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) and octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold and 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver). The first option works with the Mali-G72MP18 GPU and the Exynos 9810 Octa chipset. The other option goes with the Adreno 630 GPU and the Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 chipset.
On the side of the OS, the device has Android 8.1 (Oreo).
First, the phone works with the latest network technology – LTE and also the older networks – HSPA and GSM. As for the SIM, it supports single SIM (Nano-SIM) or hybrid dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by).
Other connectivity features include 3.5mm jack (32-bit/384kHz audio, active noise cancellation with dedicated mic), USB 3.1 (type-C 1.0 reversible connector), NFC, GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO), Bluetooth 5.0 (A2DP, LE, aptX) and also Wi-Fi 802.11 a/ b/ g/ n/ ac (dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot).
Moreover, there are a myriad of sensors such as iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate and SpO2.
Under multimedia, the Samsung phone comes with a loudspeaker (stereo speakers) and alert types – vibration and MP3 and WAV ringtones.
These features are general and include things such as an audio player (MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC), video player (MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265), ANT+ support, bixby natural language commands and dictation, document editor and photo/ video editor.
There are also features such as Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard), Samsung DeX (desktop experience support), stylus (Bluetooth integration), SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM and Push Email, and the HTML5 browser.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Battery
The battery has a 4000-mAh capacity and is a non-removable one and offers long talk time and music play. It supports fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0) and also Qi/PMA wireless charging.
Design, Material and Color
Starting with design, the phone is sleek, compact and user-friendly. It resists dust and water up to 1.5m for 30 mins (IP68 qualities).
The main materials are aluminum (frame) and glass (front/back) and the popular colors include metallic copper, lavender purple, ocean blue and also midnight black.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Price in Kenya
So what is the price of the Galaxy Note 9 in Kenya? Well, the price is in the range KSh. 100,000 and KSh. 110,000 (around $1000 and $1100).
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Full Specifications
- Type – GSM, HSPA, LTE
- Date – –
- Dimensions – 161.9×76.4×9.8mm
- Weight – 201g
- Material – Aluminum + glass
- Dust and waterproof – Yes (IP86 degree, up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Type – Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Size – 6.4 inches
- Screen-to-Body Ratio – 83.4 percent
- Resolution – 1440×2960 pixels
- Aspect Ratio – 18.5:9
- PPI Density – 516
- Colors – 16M
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Multitouch – Yes
- Single – Single SIM (Nano-SIM)
- Dual – Hybrid dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual standby)
- Dual – 12MP (f/1.5-2.4, 26mm wide, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS) + 12MP (f/2.4, 52mm telephoto, 1/3.4″, 1µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom)
- Features – LED flash, panorama, auto-HDR, etc
- Video – 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps
- Single – 8MP (f/1.7, 25mm wide, 1/3.6″, 1.22µm, AF)
- Features – Dual video call, auto-HDR
- Video – 1440p@30fps
- RAM – 6, 8GB
- Storage – 128, 512GB
- Memory card slot – MicroSD (up to 512GB on SIM 2 slot)
- CPU (1) – Octa-core (4×2.7GHz Mongoose M3 and 4×1.8GHz Cortex-A55)
- CPU (2) – Octa-core (4×2.8GHz Kryo 385 Gold and 4×1.7GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- Chipset (1) – Exynos 9810 Octa
- Chipset (2) – Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- GPU (1) – Mali-G72MP18
- GPU (2) – Adreno 630
- OS – Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Custom user interface – –
- USB – 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Bluetooth – 5.0 (A2DP, aptX, LE)
- WLAN – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band, direct, hotspot)
- GPS – Yes (A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO)
- NFC – Yes
- FM radio – –
- Loudspeaker – Yes (stereo speakers)
- 3.5mm jack – Yes
- Infrared port – –
- Sensors – Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Type – Non-removable
- Capacity – 4000mAh
- Charging time – –
- Fast charging – Yes (Quick Charge 2.0)
- Wireless charging – Yes (Qi, PMA)
- Standby – –
- Talk time – –
- Music play – –
- Internet use – –
- Battery life – –
- Endurance rating – –
- Type – Bar
- Bezel – Minimal
- Variety – Metallic copper, lavender purple, ocean blue, midnight black
- Charger – Yes
- USB cable – Yes
- SIM card ejector – –
- User manual – Yes
- Pin – –
- Protector case – –
- Protector film – –
- Warranty – –
- KSh – 100,000
Although we do thorough research for our content, we don’t guarantee the specifications and features are 100 percent correct.
Loved our review? Well, subscribe for more on the subscription section!