Samsung Galaxy S9 is the latest smartphone from the South Korean tech giant. Together with the Plus variant, the new phones come with high-end features and awesome specs and prices that suit their class. They have crystal-clear HD+ display, powerful CPUs and also big internal memories, among other great features. Read on to see Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus specs, features and price in Kenya.
In Brief, Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Specs
- Screen Size – 5.8, 6.2 Inches
- Camera – 12, 8 MP
- RAM – 4, 6GB
- Storage – 64GB
- Network – 4G LTE
- Processor – 2.8GHz + 1.7GHz Octa-Core
- OS – Android 8.0
- Battery – 3000, 3500mAh
- Price – KSh. 105,000
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Screen, Display and Size
The Galaxy S9 spots a 5.8-inch super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen (6.2 inches for S9 Plus) with 16M colors. The pixels stand at 1440×2960 px while the pixel density at 570 or 529ppi. The multitouch screen occupies 83.6 percent and has a Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Other screen features include HDR10 compliance, 3D touch (home button only) and also always-on-display.
On the side of size, the phone measures 147.7 x 68.4 x 8.5mm and weighs 163g. The Plus variant measures 158.1 x 73.8 x 8.5 mm and weighs 189g.
The back camera is 12MP (f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.5″, 1.4 µm, Dual Pixel PDAF) and has features such as phase detection autofocus, OIS and also LED flash. The front camera is 8MP (f/1.7, 25mm, 1/3.6″, 1.22 µm) and features autofocus, 1440p@30fps, dual video call and also Auto HDR.
Other camera features include geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image rec, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR and also panorama. Moreover, the video features include 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR and dual-video rec.
Storage, Processor and OS
Concerning the RAM and storage, the base phone has 4GB RAM and 64GB storage while the Plus variant has 6GB RAM and 64GB storage. The memory can be expanded up to 400GB with a microSD (used on SIM 2 slot).
As for the processor and OS, the phone has a 4×2.8GHz Mongoose M3 and 4×1.7GHz Cortex-A55 Octa-core. Other variants have 4×2.7GHz Kryo 385 Gold and 4×1.7GHz Kryo 385 Silver Octa-core. The available GPUs are Mali-G72 MP18 and Adreno 630 while the chipsets include Exynos 9810 Octa and also Qalcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 845. The OS is Android 8.0 (Oreo).
First, the Galaxy S9 uses single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (nano-SIM, dual stand-by). The SIMs feature Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard) and IP68 certification (dust/waterproof up to 1.5 meters and 30 minutes).
Second, the phone supports GSM, HSPA and LTE. Other connectivity features include Wi-Fi (802.11 a/ b/ g/ n/ ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot), Bluetooth 5.0 (A2DP, LE, aptX), GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO), NFC, USB 3.1 (type-C 1.0 reversible connector, TV connect, etc), Samsung DeX, ANT+, Bixby and also a 3.5mm jack (32-bit/384kHz audio, active noise cancellation and dedicated mic).
In addition, the device has sensors such as iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), gyro, accelerometer, barometer, proximity, heart rate, compass and SpO2. Moreover, it has messaging features such as SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail and IM, and also boasts the HTML 5 browser.
Like other modern smartphones, the new Galaxy comes with FM radio, loudspeaker (AKG stereo speakers, Dolby surround sound) and alert types such as vibration, WAV and MP3 ringtones. It also comes with document editor, photo/video editor, audio player (MP3, WAV, eAAC+, FLAC, etc) and video player (DivX, XviD, MP4, H.265, etc).
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Battery
The battery is a non-removable Li-Ion one, and its capacity is 3000mAh (3500mAh for S9 Plus). It also supports fast charging (Quick Charge 2.0) and Qi/PMA wireless charging. The playback, talk and internet use time are up to 94 hrs, 25 hrs and 15 hrs respectively.
Design, Material and Color
Like other Samsung phones, the new gadget is pretty smart and boasts a user-friendly design. The main material is aluminum with some glass, and the popular colors include midnight black, coral blue, titanium gray and also lilac purple.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Price in Kenya
The prices of the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus in Kenya are in the range KSh. 90,000 and KSh. 105,000 ($900 and $1050). For other phones with near-similar features and price, see Apple iPhone 8, Apple iPhone X, LG V30 and also Sony Xperia XZ1.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Full Specifications
- Type – GSM, HSPA, LTE
- Date – –
- Dimensions – 147.7×68.4×8.5mm
- Dimensions (2) – 158.1×73.8×8.5mm
- Weight – 163g
- Weight (2)– 189g
- Material – Aluminum
- Dust and waterproof – Waterproof up to 1.5 meters and 30 mins
- Type – Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Size – 5.8 inches
- Size (2) – 6.2 inches
- Screen-to-Body Ratio – 83.6 percent
- Resolution – 1440×2960 pixels
- Aspect Ratio – 18:9
- PPI Density – 570
- PPI Density (2) – 529
- Colors – 16M
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Multitouch – Yes
- Single – Single SIM (Nano-SIM)
- Dual – Hybrid dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual standby)
- Single – 12MP (f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.5″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF)
- Features – LED flash, face detection, panorama, auto-HDR, etc
- Video – 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps
- Single – 8MP (f/1.7, 25mm, 1/3.6″, 1.22µm)
- Features – –
- Video – –
- CPU – Octa-core (4×2.8GHz Mongoose M3 and 4×1.7GHz Cortex-A55)
- CPU (2) – Octa-core (4×2.7GHz Kryo 385 Gold and 4×1.7GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- Chipset – Exynos 9810 Octa
- Chipset (2) – Qalcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 845
- GPU – Mali-G72 MP18
- GPU (2) – Adreno 630
- OS – Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Custom user interface – –
- RAM – 4, 6GB
- Storage – 64GB
- Memory card slot – MicroSD (up to 400GB on SIM 2 slot)
- USB – 3.1 (Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, TV connect, etc)
- Bluetooth – 5.0 (A2DP, aptX, LE)
- WLAN – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band, direct, hotspot)
- GPS – Yes (A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO)
- NFC – Yes
- FM radio –Yes
- Loudspeaker – Yes (AKG stereo speakers, Dolby surround sound)
- 3.5mm jack – Yes
- Infrared port – –
- Sensors – Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), gyro, accelerometer, barometer, proximity, heart rate, compass, SpO2
- Type – Non-removable Li-Ion
- Capacity – 3000mAh
- Capacity (2) – 3500mAh
- Charging time – –
- Fast charging – Yes (Quick Charge 2.0)
- Wireless charging – Yes (Qi/PMA)
- Standby – –
- Talk time – Up to 25hrs
- Music play – Up to 94hrs
- Internet use – Up to 15hrs
- Battery life – –
- Endurance rating – –
- Type – Bar
- Bezel – Minimal
- Variety – Midnight black, coral blue, titanium gray, lilac purple
- Charger – Yes
- USB cable – Yes
- SIM card ejector – –
- User manual – Yes
- Pin – –
- Protector case – –
- Protector film – –
- Warranty – –
- KSh – 100,000
Although we do thorough research for our content, we don’t guarantee the specifications and features are 100 percent correct.
Loved our review? Well, subscribe for more on the subscription section!